Olimp Russian Cup Quarterfinal: Rubin Kazan 0-1 Lokomotiv Moscow
FC Rubin head coach Mr. Kurban Berdyev shares his postmatch impressions
- I'm pleased with the performance and the fact that our youngsters looked quite good. Unfortunately, Uremovic let the team down
- Which is the game you liked most the Akhmat fixture or today´s match in terms of quality of football?
- Today our team played quite well in certain moments. It's good news. Now the youngsters are becoming more confident both in day-to-day work during the preseason and on a matchday. So we are quite optimistic about our younger players.
- The second half was more solid for your side than the first one, at least until the sending off? Was it because of any message delivered at half-time or was it Kambolov's credit?
- Our younger boys felt quite nervous in the first half, especially Abdullin, Stepanov and Sagitov. They became self-confident in the second half. We are satisfied with the performance the team delivered and optimistic about the future
- Was Sagitov supposed to play man-to-man against Kverkvelia
- Нет, он играл зону, но так получалось при этой системе расстановки, что они играли друг против друга. No, it was a zone marking, but the formation implied their opposition
- Vitaliy Kafanov has left the club. Will it affect the team?
- It's a big loss for the team. I think, he is the best goalkeeper coach in Russia. He was in charge of set-pieces as well which helped us a lot. We wish him good luck. Life must go on
- Кто будет отвечать за стандарты? Who will be in charge of set-pieces now?
- Yakub Urazsakhatov
- Konovalov was a sweeper keeper today. Was it his objective today or was it because of the flow of the game?
- It was because of the flow of the game
Москва, РЖД Арена