Andrey Tikhonov, Krylia Sovetov head coach, makes up a summary during the post-match press-conference after the OLYMP Russian Cup Round of 16 match between Rubin and Krylia Sovetov.
- Mr. Tikhonov, your next game in the Cup will be played against Spartak Moscow. Does it mean anything special to you?
- Well, you are going too forward with your question. Frankly speaking, I did not expect that. We are still in a nonwinning three match streak in the second division league and you are asking about the Spartak match. Spartak is a national champion. Now in the league, they are making some good progress. Glushakov and Promes have come back and now their team is still better with them. If they had to play against us today they would have smashed us. Well, it´s football, you know. I´m looking at Rubin and I like the way Mr. Berdyev works. I´ve been always following him, we´ve shared some impressions. I do understand how they play and respect their tactics, strategy. We have been preparing for this match. There were some things they could not convert, but there was some question of luck for us as well. It’s football, and it’s not always the better team which wins.
- What should be done when a team gets into a bad streak like it happened after your game against Lokomotiv?
- There were some matches after the fixture against Lokomotiv that we lost. So we will learn lessons from what has happened and will go ahead. We have to win the next opponent all the more since we are playing at home.
- Was it a surprise for you that today Rubin played with five men defense against you?
- Well, if it works in the Premier League, why shouldn´t it work against a second division team? Rubin masters these tactics completely, the players know what to do and how they should move. It this formation works in the Premier league, why should they change it?
- It does not work always.
- Well, we can also vary our tactics, formation based on the opponent. We all understand that if you don´t score then you won´t win no matter which formation you are using. Look at Krasnodar for example they have not been scoring since four games with no victories. Today we have scored one goal more than the opponent and I am very glad and happy.