Kurban Berdyev, Rubin head coach, makes up a summary of the OLYMP Russian Cup Round of 16 fixture between Rubin and Krylia Sovetov (Samara) (1:2).
- In the League, we are still able to change the situation, but in the Cup, unfortunately not anymore. It´s a pity that we are eliminated, but our main problem was a scoring problem, low chance conversion rate.
- Do you have understanding why Rubin is struggling to perform with creativity in attack? Is it possible to fix the situation with the current squad not turning to transfers?
- I think, yes, it is possible. We are working quite well, we have a clear understanding of what we want. It´s about scoring, converting our chances. We have quite a lot of chances in every game. We should just start scoring goals and everything´s will be alright.
-Ahead of the match against Dinamo, you were saying that there would be a team rotation in the Russian Cup, nevertheless you changed only defensive line players whose mistakes, actually, caused the goals conceded. Does it not seem to you that that decision was wrong?
- No, it does not seem to me like that. In the first half, Nabiullin looked a little bit inconsistent and we lacked activeness from the left in attack. In the second half, this wing became more active. We were considering another attacking trio, but we chose today´s attacking duo because they did quite well the last minutes of the previous match.
- Do you have understanding how much it will take to make the team show what you are seeking?
- I think, it will happen in the next few matchweeks. Iamconvinced.
- There is an impression that the players are afraid to make a mistake, to make a difference. It looks like there is no life, no desire to win.
- Well, there is a desire to win, play dynamically. But there is a fear of failing chances, not scoring, but I´m sure this fear will go away.
- Regarding Nabiullin´s substitution, was it a planned before or was it was due to the match scenario?
- It was due to the match scenario.